Monday, January 26, 2015

Quilt Shop Gal Free Motion Quilting Challenge




A friend of mine told me about the FMQ Challenge going on over at Quilt Shop Gal.  Since part of my New Year's goal to "Breathe" included relaxing and breathing while free motion quilting, I decided this challenge would be good for me.  There were three options in this challenge.  I love feathers, and have wanted to learn how.   I appreciate the tips and encouragement Darlene gives on her website.

I have found that I do a better job on the right side of a feather than I do the left side.  I need to keep practicing.  I did better about breathing while quilting.  However, I still found myself tensing as I sewed.  I had to keep reminding myself to relax!  There are no quilting police!


Love the Singer my husband bought for me last year!
It quilts like a dream.

7 comments:

  1. Great job! I do a better job on the right side of feathers too! Your pillow is very nice. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my daughter is enjoying the pillow on her bed.

      Delete
  2. Sandra, Your pillow is lovely! Did you use the Singer to do the quilting? I have a Singer 15-91, that is free motion capable, and has beautiful stitches too.However, I haven't used it lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use my Singer to do the quilting. I have a Janome that I piece with, however when I've tried free motion quilting with it, the timing messes up. I've switch to exclusively using my Singer to quilt.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pillow! And appreciate "breathing" while quilting. It makes me chuckle to know I am not the only one that has had to remind myself about that :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I thought I was the only one who was crazy enough to quit breathing ;)

      Delete
  4. Great job...yes I also find the right side easier to stitch for some reason. It turned out really lovely.

    ReplyDelete