Thursday, February 5, 2015

Bloom Where You're Planted; Project Quilting Challenge 3, Season 6

Bloom Where You're Planted


This week Kim Lapacek, at Persimon Dreams, challenged us to take an orphan block or UFO and finish it.

It was actually fun to pull out my box of orphan blocks and reminisce about past quilts.  My daughter found this block which was a reject from a former project. The yellow fabric outlining the star caused this block to stand out to much compared to the other blocks in the quilt.  She fell in love with it and wanted me to make a wall hanging of some sort for her room.

She and I both love quotes, and I was in the mood for some hand work. We found this quote on Pinterest and I used a chalk pencil to freehand the lettering, then embroidered it while my boys watched the Pistons play on TV.   The wallhanging finished out at 18".

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, and the quote is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. It really shines as a wall hanging and I love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quote! The yellow is perfect contrast for it. Glad you've found a use for something that didn't quite fit in its originally intended quilt. www.quiltartbymegan.com

    ReplyDelete