Thursday, March 5, 2015

Project Quilting, Challenge 5 - My Favorite Fabric

This week Kim Lapacek of Persimon Dreams challenged us to actually use one of our favorite fabrics.  How many times have I bought a fabric and then thought it was to beautiful to actually cut up and use!  Such a waste, really.

Blank Quilting "Audrey - tan"
Tomorrow one of my best friends will be celebrating her birthday.  I thought this was the perfect challenge to create something for her.  By making a messenger bag, I used the fabric without cutting it into tiny pieces.  I am happy with the way it turned out, and hope she will enjoy it as much as I do.

After looking at many different patterns and tutorials on Pinterest, I settled on the bag from crazylittleprojects.  Her tutorial was well done and easy to follow, along with a short YouTube video.

4 comments:

  1. This is super cute. Congrats on getting it finished so quick, and not having to cut up your favorite fabric into tiny pieces. I love how the bag looks. I'm going to have to give this pattern a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've done this pattern! I agree, it's a really good tutorial, and it looks fantastic in the fabric you chose. I bet your friend will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! What a great way to use a favorite fabric without cutting it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why this is your favorite fabric! I really like it. The messenger bag is a perfect way to use and "save" the fabric. Thank you for sharing the tutorial, too.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete