Sunday, March 22, 2015

The End

Last week there were piles of snow everywhere!  This week they are gone!

The End.  Those words bring such different reactions at different times.  Satisfaction.  Sadness.  Relief. Joy. Anticipation.  Hope.  This week was full of "The End" for me.  And this time those words brought satisfaction, relief, and anticipation.  Satisfaction with the completion of several projects.  Relief that winter was over (calendar says so, and our snow melted this week!).  Anticipation of new projects, warmer days, and wondering what life will bring this spring and summer.

This week was the last challenge for persimondreams Project Quilting Season 6 - Isn't it Charming.  The challenge was to use 5" charm squares for our project.   I had this cute animal fabric and a pack of Moda dot charm pack.  I chose to make this 26"x 31" carseat blanket for our local baby pantry.  First I fussy cut the animal fabric into 5" squares and then used the dot charm pack to make squares in a square.  "The End" of this season brings the anticipation of what Kim is going to come up with for off season challenges!


As I was working on this baby blanket, I began to notice the buds emerging on the tree outside the window!  So excited for the end of winter and the beginning of spring!






I got a call from my long armer, and was excited to hear that this quilt was finished.  On Wednesday I sat all cozy under it and finished the binding while watching Survivor.  Counting my Project Quilting challenge quilt, I actually bound 3 quilts this week!  That brought great satisfaction!











Last, but not least, I finished the March challenge for the 2015 Free Motion Quilting challenge hosted by quiltshopgal .  This month's challenge was inspired by the teaching of Patsy Thompson.  I chose to use Option #1 and practiced, practiced, practiced Patsy's boarder method.  I love how my pillow turned out! This ending brought great satisfaction, but also anticipation of what April's challenge will bring.








6 comments:

  1. I love your PQ project and all your other finishes this week! I'm intrigued by the free motion challenge ... I'll have to look into that ...

    Thanks for joining in on all the Project QUILTING fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the pillow. Love your dragonfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pillow! Love your quilting. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dots and animals go so nicely together. Those buds on your tree are beautiful and I know exactly what you mean about endings. They can be so many things! www.quiltartbymegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pillow is super cute. I love the dragonfly. Paisley is so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a dragonfly.. your pillow looks lovely.
    mary

    ReplyDelete