Friday, March 11, 2016

Come on Spring!

Anytime I see green growing things I feel like a breath of fresh air has arrived.  This morning as I was sitting at the dining room table with my cup of coffee I noticed how much this plant has grown over the last few days. When I took down the nativity after Christmas I decided I wanted something different on this beautiful stand that my uncle Linden made.   I added the plaque to the window and a stack of books, but it still needed something.  I had this plant on top of the fridge in the kitchen and even though it was 3 years old, it had maybe 8 or 9 leaves at the most. Apparently she loves her new spot!  I'm excited that I'll finally be able to take some cuttings and create new plants for other places in my home.
Earlier this week as the temps started to climb, I took a walk around the yard and spent time looking at my flowerbeds to see what damage winter had done and to see if anything was emerging from hibernation.  The skunk smell in the air assured me that at least the critters were beginning to come out of their dens!  Sure enough, irises the farmer's grandmother had planted years ago were emerging.  There is nothing more exciting that the first few buds of spring. 


Other exciting news at our house is the accomplishment of our oldest son on the basketball court.  On Wednesday he scored his 1,000th career point in Varsity basketball.  Making him the 7th person in the history of the school to do so.  The farmer and I are quite proud of the hard work he has put in.

Because of the basketball tournament going on this week, my sewing machine has been silent.  I'm looking forward to going to Traverse City this weekend to take a Bonnie Hunter class!  I have followed her blog for quite a few years and am beyond thrilled at the opportunity to take a class.  I have my fabric all picked out for the Smith Mountain Morning quilt. Take time to check out Bonnie's blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment