Thursday, March 3, 2016

Day Book

Outside my window - Sunshine on the snow.  We had a snow storm Tuesday night and woke up to 9 inches of freshly fallen snow.  Today the sun is shining and the snow is puddling.

I'm thankful for - an electric heater under my desk to keep my perpetually cold toes toasty warm.

In the kitchen - Tonight I get a break from cooking.  We are going to watch the boys in a basketball game and so will take a spin through the drive thru.

In my Sewing Room - I'm in between quilts and am trying to decide which project to start next.  I'm determined to finish up some of my UFO's ("Unfinished Object's" for my non-quilty friends) before starting a new project.  I counted and have 8 to choose from!

On My Night StandThe Christian Atheist by Craig Groeschel.  The author writes honestly from the heart.  He admits that at times, even though he is a Christ follower, he lives as though there is no God. Each chapter gives a person reason to stop and reflect on the way they are living their life.  Am I a Christian acting like an Atheist?  Simply Triangles by Barbara Cline.  This lovely quilt book is full of quilt projects ranging from table toppers to full size bed quilts.  Each quilt looks intricate and difficult, yet Barbara has done a nice job breaking down the process and things are not as difficult as they may seem.  Making the book even more enjoyable are the "Life Lessons" stories sprinkled among the patterns.

Pondering - What to do with the 16 square blocks I have sewn as my Leaders and Enders for other sewing projects.  I am up to 56!  Seems about time to start playing with them and actually put them into a quilt.

Favorite Quote - "God in His goodness continues to show that if I'll just quit trying so hard to control it all, He can take me places I've never even dared to imagine"  Logan Wolfram "Curious Faith"

Plans for the Week - Watch both of my boys compete with their team in the District Basketball Games.  Tyler graduates this year and so it will be bittersweet to watch him play his final game.  Order seeds for the garden.  Spring will come eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment