Thursday, March 17, 2016

Fire and Ice (Wild at Heart) by Mary Connealy

This is the third book in Mary Connealy's "Wild at Heart" series.  I have read the other two books in the series, but do not think I would have enjoyed "Fire and Ice" any less without knowing the stories of Bailey's two sisters.

This book is typical of most historical fiction with conflict, romance, and misunderstandings between the two main characters.  Bailey and Gage both need each other, but are head strong and don't realize how much they need each other until they join together to battle an unknown threat trying to destroy what they have built.

The only problem I had was with the flow of the story in a few places.  Several months would pass between a few of the chapters and I had a hard time catching up with what was happening.  I found myself going back to reread the end of the chapter to try and make sense of what was happening in the next chapter.  Once I figured out a few months had passed, it made sense.  It would have been less confusing if the author would put "two months later" under the chapter number, as I've seen in other books.

That aside, I really enjoyed the story of Bailey and Gage as they figured out how to become a team without loosing their individuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment