Thursday, April 28, 2016

Bay View Calico Quilt Shop

Like any fabricholic, I love quilt shops.  But as the saying goes, "Wherever I roam, there's no place like home."  My hometown quilt shop is still my favorite.  It is the place I go to chat with friends, pet fabric, figure out a conundrum with my latest project, and of course buy a yard or two from the new fabric line that has just arrived!  We all need a place like this, and I recognize that I am blessed to have a quilt shop just 7 minutes from my front door.  I wish everyone could be so blessed! Come take a little stroll with me...

Even though the building is made up of two large rooms, I love how shop owner, Evelyn Griffore, has made cozy nooks, each with it's own color way or fabric type.  

Batiks, and Patterns, and Batting, Oh My!!!

Do you like embroidery or redwork?  She has a nice variety available.

The children's section is always cheery and invites you to dream of babies and toddlers snugged up in a quilt of your making.

I am amazed at the changing display on her walls.  No matter how often I go to the shop, there is always something new.

Shop owner, Evelyn Griffore

Another little nook inviting you to spend awhile.

If you ever find yourself making your way up the east side of Michigan and happen to find yourself driving through a little town called Au Gres.  Take some time to stop and dream at Bay View Calico.  You will find her shop right on US 23, about 2 miles north of Au Gres.  She is located just before the VFW hall.  Hope to meet you there someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment