Monday, April 25, 2016

Beginner's Class

On Saturday I taught the first of 3 sessions for a beginner's class.  We are making Little Charmer Quilt from Cut Loose Press, designed by Joan Ford.  I had five quilters ranging from age 10 to 50+.  This is only the 3rd class I've ever taught and so I am still learning.  There is nothing more enjoyable, I've decided, than helping other people find their inner love of quilting.

Pat brought Mikayla and stayed to be her right hand woman!  Mikayla has a great eye for color and I love the purple she chose for her 4 patch blocks.


Patty pairing up fabrics and matching those seams so that her points come out perfect!



Sue and Colleen (mother and daugher-in laws) enjoyed chatting while chain piecing.

Rachel, my niece, learning to use the rotary cutter.

Everyone completed all 42 of their 4 patch squares.  They went home with homework - square up those babies!  Next month we will meet back together to start strip piecing the sashing and then begin assembling the blocks into a lovely lap quilt.

2 comments: