Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Blogs: Where I Find Inspiration
1. Quiltville - Bonnie Hunter This has become my favorite blog. Her blog is full of quilts made by her and the students she teaches around the world. I enjoy "traveling" with her and hearing about the towns and countries she visits.
2. Life as a Quilter I grew up in a Mennonite church and so this blog seems like home to me. I enjoy reading about her life and her love for family comes shining through. She makes beautiful art quilts.
3. Persimon Dreams I found this blog about 2 years ago when I was looking for a challenge. Each year Kim Lapacek issues challenges to cultivate creativity. I was unable to join her challenge for this year due to time constraints, however I have it on my calendar to join again next year!!
These last two I have just begun to follow in the last year.
4. A Quilting Life I am on a rampage to control and use my scraps instead of storing them or tossing those beautiful little bits of color. Sherri's "Quilt Your Stash" challenge for 2016 is what drew me to her blog. Her tutorials are easy to read with lots of pictures to help those of us who need visuals!
5. Kevin the Quilter I love his quirky sense of style. He doesn't post weekly, but following him by e-mail means that once every week or two I get a fun surprise in my inbox. Always a fun read.