Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Finding Inspiration



 I don't know if you are like me, but I see things all around me that get my creative juices flowing.  Today I am posting pictures of things that caught my attention on our trip to Nassau and Freeport in the Bahamas.  

There is something about hand painted tiles that just beg to be created in fabric using hand or machine applique.  Next winter's hand sewing project maybe?  I'm thinking it might be fun to simplify some of the designs for machine quilting.
Notice the pretty tile behind the fruit sculpture.

 We went to The Atlantis Water Park while on Nassau.  The aquarium held many beautiful creatures.  I loved the vast array of color combinations in the fish, starfish, and underwater foliage.








This water slide was 93 feet in length, pretty much straight down.  I was to chicken to try this slide, however,  my boys went down it several times!  I was content to stand at the bottom and enjoy the architectural design.



I loved the towel creations that
appeared in our cabin each night.

I also enjoyed watching the
ice carving.

Even here at home, with snow blowing around my ears, I am finding things to inspire my creativity.  I was longing to plant something, and with no warm dirt in my near future, I decided to propagate some of my house plants.  Don't they look pretty all lined up on my kitchen windowsill?  The robin hoping around in the one bare grassy patch sheltered by our house reminds me that spring is around the corner somewhere.








No comments:

Post a Comment