Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Book Review: Finding God in the Hard Time


Finding God in the Hard Times: Choosing to Trust, Hope, and Worship When You Can't See the Way  -     By: Matt Redman, Beth Redman

I was given this book by the publisher for an honest review.  Honestly, even though this book was well written, it didn't seem to apply to my life at this time.  Written to be a group book study, maybe I would have gotten more out of the book if I had discussed it with others.  Authors Matt and Beth Redman, encourage us to lament when times are tough and through those tough times, to find our place of praise for God's faithfulness and steadfast love.  There was one thought that stuck with me after reading this book.  "The church of God needs her songs of lament just as much as she needs her songs of victory."  (pg 37).  Even though I may not be going through a tough time right now, others are.  As a community, it is important to join others in their songs of lament and by doing so we are a strength and encouragement to them as they walk the dark valleys of life.



No comments:

Post a Comment