Friday, July 29, 2016

Christmas in July Finish

Look at what I received in the mail today!  I was so excited to learn that I had won one of the drawings held by Carole who blogs at My Carolina Home.  In my box from Connecting Threads I received a mini quilt stand with 4 different headers, a layer cake, and "Itty Bitty Quilts".  I am excited to try out the projects and look forward to displaying them at the office.  It will make my desk a little more homey!

I also finished the 12 Days of Christmas Quilt Along hosted by Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  I am beyond thrilled at the way it turned out.  I purchased the backing for it and now it just needs to be basted and quilted.  It should be done for Christmas this year.

I was asked to come up with a pattern and make a sample for my local quilt shop, Bayview Calicos.  I enjoy the process of creating patterns.  When I saw the "Northwoods" panel from Northcott, it just screamed "log cabins".  Using a flannel layer cake, the log cabin blocks came together quickly.   Tomorrow I will drop it off at the shop and pet the new fabrics that have arrived this week!

This weekend will be busy with gardening and farming.  Hope to get a few minutes of sewing here and there.  Maybe enough time to make an "itty bitty"!

6 comments:

  1. I love your quilt-along quilt! It's just beautiful! So is your log cabin quilt - very creative. Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! on your win and your finishes. Your log cabin is great...love the plaid borders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliments. I had tried a log cabin block in the past (20 years ago when I was a newbie) and vowed never again! I guess the "never say never" quote is so true. I think 20 years of learning has helped and I'll definitely do a log cabin again.

      Delete
  3. Yea for winning! And, you've done a great job with the log cabins using Bayview Calicos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. To clear things up, the fabrics were all from Northcott. Bayview Calicos is my local quilt shop :) Stop by if you are ever in Au Gres, Michigan! It's a great shop.

      Delete