Monday, August 22, 2016

Book Review: Intercessory Prayer

 
When I received this book from the Publisher, I had mixed feelings.  I believe in prayer, but I am not a charismatic sort of person and for some reason that is often what I think of when I hear the words Intercessory Prayer.  I think of super spiritual people who have some sort of in with God.  Who express everything in fluently spoken prayers.

Author and Pastor, Dutch Sheets, did a nice job of explaining the world of prayer in layman terms.  I appreciated his insight into what prayer is and how God uses every day people like me to pray that His will would be done here on earth.

There was one aspect of the book which I did not care for.  I did not appreciate the authors sense of humor.  To me it was a little jarring.  I understand that he was interjecting humor to lighten such a heavy topic, but it was not my style of humor.   This is such a minor thing, however, and did not make me dislike the book.
If you are interested in the topic of prayer I would recommend you check out this book as one of your resources.

This book was given to me by the publisher for an unbiases review.  All opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment